See the drop down menu for trips and prices.
ISH organises trips so you can visit new places & cultures, and make friends from around the world along the way. We get a generous grant, so all our trips are subsidised by up to 50% – meaning you get really cheap travel.
All trips (with the exception of most of our day-trips) are planned and organised by the Travel Club at ISH, most of our day trips are organised by our friends at International Friends or Anderson Tours and then subsidized for our members. We try to make the trips as exciting and interesting as possible – including lots of visits to places of interest, walking tours, cultural highlights and activities – as well as plenty of free time and a group meal.
APPLY HERE FOR MEMBERSHIP
1. look through our trips and have a look at all the amazing destinations we have on offer from Bath, Stonehenge, Wales & Isle of Wight, to France, USA, Italy & Denmark.
2. Come and visit the Travel & Events office at ISH, 229 Great Portland Street (we are open Monday to Thursday 9am to 6.45pm & Fridays 9am to 5pm) get your Travel Club membership; free if you’re college or university is an institutional member (check here) or £8 for 3 months if you buy Individual student membership for the House (info here) and during your membership you can travel as often as you like, make sure you bring your student ID card* or proof of your student status which must have a valid expiry date. (It takes just a couple of minutes to sign up)
3. Now that you have your membership you can start buying tickets. This can be done at the same time as you buy membership or at a later date, tickets can be bought in person from the events office, or over the telephone on 0207 323 7233. All UK day and weekend trips go on sale one calendar month in advance so if the trip is on the 10th July it will be on sale from 10th June. All overseas trips have a deadline to send in an application form, see details on each trip for further information and deadline.
*Valid ID / Proof of student status must show an expiry date of study, and must show you as being a full time student. ID must be valid for the duration of the membership you intend to purchase. Travel Club membership must be valid at the time you buy the ticket and for the dates of the trip you intend to take.
Please note that travel insurance is NOT included on any ISH trip, it is wholly the travellers responsibility to obtain adequate Travel Insurance for all trips you purchase with ISH Travel Club. It is a condition of booking with us that you have or you take out adequate cover before your date of departure. Your policy should be bought with you on your trip.
Travel Insurance for your Trip
We believe that safety and enjoyment are equally important when travelling with International Students House. It is therefore one of our terms and conditions of booking that you have adequate travel insurance in place before you travel; cover must include emergency medical expenses, personal accident and repatriation. In addition, we strongly recommend that you include baggage, personal liability and cancellation cover.
International Students House has teamed up with Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited to offer our travellers a range of excellent policies to choose from. Each policy includes:-
· emergency medical expenses
· personal accident
· personal liability
· overseas legal expenses
· cancellation or curtailment charges
· over 80 sports and activities covered as standard
NB It is advisable to take out your travel insurance at the time of booking your trip as cover will commence for pre-departure cancellation from the policy issue date. This will, therefore, provide cover should you have to cancel your trip for an insured reason such as illness or serious accident preventing you from travelling.
International Students House has arranged with Endsleigh that the single trip policy will extend to cover students not from the UK. Therefore you will be eligible to purchase a policy providing that the trip is organised by the International Students House Travel Club. An annual multi trip policy is only available to current travel club members, attending travel club trips and will NOT cover you for personal travel that is not booked through the ISH Travel Club.
You can confirm this arrangement with Endsleigh direct by calling the Travel Agency Team on 01242 866 616.
To access the Endsleigh Travel Insurance website please click here
Waiver of Limited Liability & Terms & Conditions of ISH Travel Club Membership
This Waiver of Limited Liability is valid for all trips/destinations with the ISH Travel Club that you partake in from the day you purchase your membership until the final expiry date of membership.
Terms of the Waiver of Limited Liability
I (the member) will carefully identify, review and consider the risks of travel to any destination(s) that I will partake in as part of the ISH Travel Club, including reading the most relevant British Foreign Office advice available through http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/, and taking advice through my own country of nationality consulate relevant to the destination(s).
I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the travel to the destination(s). I also acknowledge that my participation in this travel may expose me to significant risks, including but not limited to terrorism, war, serious bodily injury or death, property damage, and other risks that may not be foreseeable. I understand that International Students House is not responsible for my safety and I assume full responsibility for all risks associated with my travel.
I know conditions in my destination(s) may change rapidly and I will stay informed of current events on a frequent basis by obtaining updated security and health information from the nearest embassy of my country and from the FCO website (as given above).
In signing the reverse of this form I (the member) RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE International Students House, its trustees, directors, agents or employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or any relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while travelling to/in the destination(s) as above. I voluntary assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while travelling to/in the destination(s) as above.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THE MEMBERSHIP FORM ON THE REVERSE, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
Terms & Conditions
International Students House (ISH) is a registered charity (number 313512) which runs the ISH Travel Club as part of its programme of activities. All trips (with the exception of most day-trips) are planned and organised by a dedicated in-house Travel Co-Ordinator.
These are the standard booking conditions of ISH Travel Club.
1. Contract By becoming a member you are contracting with ISH Travel Club and agree to accept the full Terms & Conditions (below), Insurance Disclaimer and Waiver of Limited Liability of the ISH Travel Club available in full on the Travel Club membership form and online at www.ishevents.org.
2. Membership Membership is open to all students aged 18 and over currently in full time education. Proof of current, full time education must be provided showing a clear expiry date when joining. Membership can only be organised in person at the ISH Events office and online at www.ishevents.org.
ISH Travel Club reserves the right to refuse membership at its discretion.
3. Payment Full payment is required at the time of booking. Payment can be made in person at ISH Events, 229 Great Portland Street by cash or debit/credit card or over the phone by MasterCard, Visa and a variety of debit cards.
For overseas trips by application once selected you will receive an offer of acceptance by email including a deadline for full payment. If payment is not paid when due, ISH Travel Club will be entitled to cancel the booking without notice.
4. Insurance We believe that safety and enjoyment are equally important when travelling with International Students House. It is therefore one of our terms and conditions of booking that you have adequate travel insurance in place before you travel; cover must include emergency medical expenses, personal accident and repatriation. In addition, we strongly recommend that you include baggage, personal liability and cancellation cover.
It is wholly your responsibility to obtain adequate Travel Insurance for the dates of your trip. ISH will not provide this for you, however, it is available to purchase through the ISH Events website directly with Endsleigh.
5. Health As an EU national, if you are suddenly taken ill or have an accident during a temporary visit to any EU country you can get free or reduced-cost healthcare (be aware each country has its own rules). A European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), available online at www.ehic.org.uk, facilitates access to healthcare in the EU and speeds up the reimbursement of costs. For non-EU students you are advised to contact your country’s embassy in the UK for advice.
We would recommend you obtain a copy of the Department of Health leaflet T4 (travellers guide to health) and where relevant, see your doctor to ensure that you are not travelling against medical advice.
As stated in point 4, it is the traveller’s responsibility to arrange insurance for any medical/repatriation needs you may have while on an ISH trip. You must take out insurance policy before you travel.
6. Departure point/time The majority of ISH Travel Club trips pick up from the Reception/Car Park of International Students House, 229 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PN.
It is your responsibility to leave ample time for your journey to the departure point. The time stated on your ticket is the time of departure; you should ensure you are at the departure point 5/10 minutes prior. We cannot refund or rebook for you missing trips as a result of missing your departure time.
7. Travel Documentation You are responsible for ensuring that you are in possession of the required travel documentation such as visas and passports and that they are valid and effective for all countries that you intend to visit. We cannot be held responsible for expenses incurred if travel documentation does not meet the required criteria. If you are in doubt, please contact the relevant embassy or consulate. A valid passport is required for all journeys between countries for all nationalities.
UK & EU Citizens Citizens of the European Union do not require visas for travel within other European Union states, and rarely require visas for other European destinations. However, participants must check with the relevant embassy before travelling. Requirements may change and you must check the up-to-date position in good time before departure.
All other Nationalities Citizens of other countries should carefully check requirements for passports, visas and other documentation required for travel to your destination. Information can be found from the relevant embassy.
ISH is unable to make refunds to participants unable to travel through failure to comply with immigration regulations. You should apply for your visa at the earliest opportunity as it can be a slow process. ISH can provide a letter of information (detailing flights, accommodation, payment and support) for your visa application, once you have paid in full for the trip.
For all trips we ask that you bring valid student ID as we have often booked reduced price tickets on this basis. If you fail to bring valid student ID you will be liable for any difference in ticket prices.
8. Refund & Cancellation policy Full payment is due at the time of booking; refunds are never given, unless in very exceptional circumstances and only if approved by the Travel Co-Ordinator.
If you cannot travel, please inform ISH Travel Club immediately. Every effort will be made to re-sell your ticket. If your ticket is resold you will be reimbursed for the full amount of the trip (minus any name-change /administration fee imposed by the airline/ operator which is out of the control of the Travel Club). The sooner you inform us that you cannot travel, the more likely it is that we can re-sell your ticket. Tickets cannot be re-sold by ISH Travel Club members, they must be returned to the ISH Travel Club for re-selling. Any ticket sold or passed on by the original purchaser to another person will be invalid and cannot be used for travel. If you fail to inform us that you cannot travel you may be subject to a fine equivalent to the subsidy ISH has paid on the trip.
In the unlikely event your trip is cancelled by the ISH Travel Club or one of our suppliers because of unusual or unforeseen circumstance beyond our control, then we will refund you the price paid for the ticket or transfer you onto another tour of equal cost but you will not be entitled to any compensation for the loss of the tour.
9. Variation of brochure We reserve the right, before you book, to vary the services described in the brochures, including departure dates and characteristics and categories of transport/accommodation. You will be notified of any changes before purchasing.
10. Alterations After you book, it may occasionally be necessary to change the itinerary at the last minute, perhaps because of weather conditions, last minute closures or travel delays, for example. Please be patient and adopt a flexible approach. Any change in content will be made on a like for like basis. All final content of the trip will be emailed to you one week prior to departure for day trips organised by ISH and two weeks prior to departure for overnight trips, listing final accommodation, transport times, scheduled activities etc.
11. Behaviour You will be responsible for the conduct of yourself and you will indemnify us against any liability for damage caused by you. We ask you to participate fully in the trip and be considerate towards the whole group – the more you get involved the more fun you will have, and please remember ISH Travel Club has generously subsidized your place on every tour by up to 50%.
We ask that you take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety, carry out activities in accordance with instructions, and co-operate with the Group Leader in an emergency.
12. Your Financial Protection When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from International Students House you will receive a confirmation invoice from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 10159. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk
As a member of the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT), ISH Travel Club has provided a bond to meet the requirements of the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
In the event of insolvency, protection is provided for non-flight packages commencing in and returning to the UK and other non-flight packages excluding pre-arranged travel to and from your destination. Please note that packages booked outside the UK are only protected when purchased directly with ISH Travel Club.
In the above circumstances, if you have not yet travelled you may claim a refund, or if you have already travelled, you may claim repatriation to the starting point of your non-flight package.
Not all holiday or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL and ABTOT schemes. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking.
13. Complaints / Compliments
Should you have a problem during your tour, please contact your tour leader at the time and they will do their best to rectify the situation. If we are unable to resolve your complaint at the time you can write to us direct and hand it to your leader or send to us at email@example.com or ISH Travel Club, 229 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PN.
Alternatively if you had a fantastic time we would also really love to hear from you, so we know what we are doing right. You can contact us at ISH Travel Club in writing at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to providing the best possible service to our members. To help us to continue to improve, we ask all participants on our trips to complete a questionnaire at the end of the trip. Your group leader will organise this.