1 YEARS EVENTS ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP
REPORTING TO: Events Managers
MAIN PURPOSE:To assist the Events staff to plan, promote, and administrate the programme of events.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS HOUSE
International Students House, located near Regent’s Park, in the heart of London, is a vibrant student centre offering accommodation, social and support services for resident and non-resident British and overseas students. The organisation is a charity with the aim of promoting social and cultural awareness through international friendship. In addition, International Students House encompasses the Park Crescent Conference Centre and 229 music venue.
- Along with other Events team members, the organisation, administration, promotion and supervision of the ongoing social and cultural programme
- Specific responsibility for the organisation, administration, promotion and supervision of a number of cultural events, in liaison with the Events Manager
- Along with the Publications & Events Manager, administration and promotion of events through marketing initiatives, advertising & distribution
- Along with other Events team members, dealing with enquiries in person, by telephone and email
- Distribution and display of promotional material
- Planning and attendance at welcome weekends, and two training weekends
- Liaison with Resident Assistants for internal/external activities
- Planning and assistance with Alumni events/administration
- Planning and attendance at Christmas programme on a shared rota basis.
- Assist with the administration of the Travel Cub, including booking activities, accommodation and transport, record keeping, publicity, and assistance
- Assist in the administration, promotion and supervision of 229 and public events in liaison with the Entertainments Manager.
- Acting as a representative of the Events team and International Students House
- To undertake any other tasks in liaison with the Events Managers.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary offered is either:
£10,500 per annum plus free accommodation and £6 meal allowance per day, or
£11,500 per annum plus free accommodation and £2.75 meal allowance per day, or
£14,000 per annum live-out plus £2.75 per working day meal allowance.
Holiday entitlement is 20 days per annum.
HOURS OF WORK
The usual working week will be 37.5 hours, working 5 out of 7 days. This will include some evenings and weekends.
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2013, and interviews will be held in March. Students should apply by forwarding a CV and covering letter to Carol Sutcliffe We also ask candidates to submit a 3 minute video answering the questions
Why do you want to work as an Events Assistant at ISH?
What is the best event you’ve been involved in to date
What would be your dream event?
The video should be submitted by file transfer (Ge.tt, wetransfer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
or sent by private youtube link, instructions here: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=157177.